Monday, June 18, 2007

Vox Popoli's interview of Ron Paul

Vox Popoli: Interview with Ron Paul

Check it out! It's pretty good. :)

I especially like this answer/question.

What are the first five things you'd do if elected President?

There's some things you'd like to do but you can't necessarily do all five things in one day. You have to work within the system. On the big things, I'd reduce spending enough to get rid of the income tax and the IRS. I'd change our monetary policy so the Federal Reserve couldn't create money out of thin air, causing problems like inflation, investment bubbles and the ups and downs of the business cycle. One thing the president definitely can do on his own is that I'd immediately start bringing our troops home from around the world. I'd also stop building up missile sites and antagonizing the Russians. The biggest thing would be to get Congress to balance the budget, and we could do that if we were willing to give up on this foreign policy where we're spending hundreds of billions of dollars and getting nothing for it.

Of course, there's a lot more things that we're doing now that I would stop doing. I would never violate habeus corpus, the violation of which has now been legalized. I'd be very cautious not to violate the liberties of the American people. But you can only do what there is a consensus for doing, action requires the cooperation of Congress and the American people.


Blogged with Flock

No comments: